Thursday, May 8, 2014

Jewelry Armoire ~

I L O V E jewelry! 
I also love a great space to place my precious items! 
Why can't it be B E A U T I F U L too!
From this ~
 To this!
With a few steps in between of course.
Pearls giving your eye something interesting to look at and soften up the straight lines of the legs. Decorative Papers & crafting tape line the side of the drawers.
Medium:
My choice for this piece was a combination of Annie Sloan Chalk paint & wax. 

Colors:
Layers of thin 'wash coats' of Old White as the base coat -
then a thin wash coat of Antoinette -
Followed by another thin coat of Old White - the piece was then sanded, embellishments of pearls applied, application of clear wax, dark wax, sanded again until the perfect color was established and a final coat of clear wax after that. 

Meanwhile the draw pulls where up-dated with sliver guilding wax as well as a few other spots that were begging for glitter! I also added some quite and elegant papers to the side of the drawers along with some fun crafting tape to cover the seams. 

It turned out B E A U T I F U L!!!
Now she is ready for purchase ~ $225
Perfect for a Mother's Day Gift!

With fun, love & grace,
Cheryl
Don't Forget to LIKE & SHARE my page!
Thank you!
561.596.5328


 

No comments:

Post a Comment